Keeping abreast of the latest international maritime rules, regulations and trends requires a continual commitment
Maritime training modules provide a comprehensive overview of contemporary maritime issues.
Cyber Security Training
The IMO’s inclusion of cyber security in the International Safety Management (ISM) Code, effective 2021. will require shipowners and managers to incorporate cyber-risk management within their ship safety plans. Promoting organizational awareness of cyber security is essential to managing cyber risks in shipping.
Our computer-based Cyber and Ship Security Training is designed to familiarize users with important cyber security topics, as well as general security, stowaways, and anti-piracy measures, with a view to improving maritime safety and security and mitigating risks to seafarers, vessels, and companies alike.
Environmental Awareness Training
Environmental protection is a key cornerstone of the international maritime regulatory framework. We have developed a computer-based training program to increase awareness of environmental issues in shipping, with an emphasis on regulatory compliance.
This Marine Environmental Awareness Computer Based Training covers a number of important environmental topics for the shipping industry:
- complexity and diversity of the marine environment
- marine ecology
- impact of shipping on the environment
- environmental impacts of shipboard waste, discharges and spills
- environmental regulations
- environmental compliance plans
- environmental management systems
- sustainable shipping
- the human element in pollution prevention
The course is based on the IMO model course 1.38 and meets the requirements of STCW Chapter VI.
We provide a wide range of training workshops, seminars and programs through our sister company, SeaNet taught and developed by recognized experts in their fields. This additional training is ideal for all shipping stakeholders wishing to increase their knowledge of important maritime topics, including shoreside staff, seafarers, maritime lawyers and business professionals, marine insurance and finance specialists, internal auditors, human resource managers, senior management and marine consultants.
Training topics include:
- Introduction to the International Safety Management (ISM) and International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Codes
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) and Seafarer Welfare & Mental Health
- Lead Internal Auditor Courses in ISM, ISPS, and MLC
- Subchapter M Lead Auditor & Lead Surveyor Certification
- Introduction to the Maritime Industry
- Preparing for Port State Control Inspections
- Conducting Maritime Investigations
- Environmental Compliance & Management: Introductory & Advanced Courses
- Cyber Security & Risk Management
- International Maritime Regulatory Compliance
- Maritime Corporate Governance & Best Practices
- Risks & Hazards of Arctic Shipping
- Maritime Banking & Finance